I suggest you ...

add a speed option

By speed option I mean an option to adjust the playback speed of the video by 0.25x, 0.5x, Normal, 1.5, and 2.

142 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jalen Ng shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alex Warner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i would love to have this in the new hyper version. i loved the old one but then youtube just HAD to change it's api, so now i can't enjoy content. And adding speed options really help when watching a long video with slow commentary.

• Constança Carvalho commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I definitely need this! I like to watch videos in 1.5x or 2x speed when I'm studying or learning something to save time (if I can still understand it, of course) and the slower speeds are useful when I want to take a screenshot of a particular frame because it makes it easier to stop right where I need it.

Right now I have to change to the standard player to do this and restart the app (since I do like the Hyper player a lot more on my Surface) which is not efficient at all. And the worst part is that the standard player controls don't work very well, ie: if I want to change the playback speed, I have to take the video out of full screen, and after I change the speed, the full screen button of the player doesn't work as it should and I have to go back to the list of videos and only there I can click the full screen button of the app when the video is minimized to the right upper corner.

So pretty please, add the speed controls to the Hyper player!

• Rich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree with this - it would be great for musicians trying to learn songs, particularly guitar players. It would open up a whole new market for you.

• ylns1314 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh I just sent you an e-mail to clarify if the current version has this function or not... so this hasn't been solved right? If so hope you can add it in a reachable future lol

Feedback and Knowledge Base